Friday, April 13, 2012

Chalkboard Rooms

Chalkboards have been all the rage lately. I've seen them in nearly every type of room on various blogs.  I'm choosing to share a view I like with you. I find them particularly useful in kitchens. Chalkboard walls certainly bring a feeling of youth and fun into a room, no matter the rest of the decor. 


I like this a lot. It's very simple, yet totally awesome. The colorful chalk and the child like table and chairs makes me what to color. Or cook. I can't decide. This is a great way to use an empty wall in a dining area of a kitchen. Writing up most-used recipes is a fabulous idea!


Now, I am pretty sure this is not actually a chalkboard, but I like the idea of a large canvas or piece of wood as a statement piece in a room. The fact that this one is black and graffitied made me think of chalkboards. Anyone could do this as a large, ever changing statement art piece, you just need to paint a large piece of wood and lean it against the wall [maybe fasten it to the wall if you live in California! ;)] 

??

I think chalkboard walls work fabulously in kids' rooms! This one is great, but clearly done by an adult. I like that it is a way to have an ever changing space. Something that is particularly useful in a kid's room. This is playful, colorful, fun. 


Now this is a screenshot from the movie Because I Said So. I am in love with Mandy Moore's character's apartment. It is gorgeous industrial design. If you look carefully here though, you notice that she's painted an older fridge with chalkboard paint! What a fabulous idea! It looks amazing and is super super useful!!

??

Here is another kitchen with a chalkboard wall. I like the way its broken almost into sections. The mother or another adult uses the right side for lists and such, and lets her kids draw all over the left. What a great way to use the space as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...