Friday, April 20, 2012

Eclectic, Bohemian Bedrooms

Ok, so maybe my definitions of eclectic and bohemian is different from your's (or anyone's!), but for me I really feel that light, airiness, and a rockin' set of linens define this kind of space. Call me crazy, call me idiotic. Whatever. 

Here we go! I love this little built in bed. It is adorable. Surrounded by windows, you would totally feel like you were out in nature if you slept here. Plus that rug is fun and bright! The layered linens on the bed look so comfortable, I just want to curl up for a nice long nap. This room works really well because it contains layers of neutrals with pops of color in the rug and quilt. Mainly the room is layered whites, but again, the pops of dark in the wooden statue thing-y (technical term, I assure you) and in the quilt give it a more interesting feel. Although the space is mostly white, I don't feel like I'm in a museum. It's lovely. It's peaceful. It's relaxing. It's natural. Exactly what you want in a bedroom!

??

Now this room has a bit more of a youthful feel. Definitely more eclectic. I like how the room is partitioned off from the rest of the space, yet it isn't completely out of view. There is definitely a nice flow here. The beaded curtain does a nice job. Though I can tell you from personal experience (I had a beaded curtain on my bedroom door in middle/early high school) that beaded curtains are super annoying. Especially if you ever want to leave your room without alerting everyone else you live with. They also tend to catch on things. Like skirts. 

What I do like about this space, however, is the use of color and pattern. The room looks like a collection of flee market finds. Such lovely layers. 


This room is definitely more professionally put together, but, how cute is it?! As a former percussionist, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE IDEA OF DRUMS AS NIGHT STANDS. However, there is a slight storage issue...Anyways the room is tied together with a similar color scheme spread over a large number of patterns and textures. I especially like all the added storage you can see throughout the room. Also I'm a total sucker for a settee at the end of a bed (even though I don't even know how to pronounce the word properly! I'm a dork, shut up). 

??

Now this has to be a dream of mine. I adore this little room. It just looks unbelievably cozy. I want to curl up with a huge hot toddy cup of tea hot chocolate (who am I kidding, chocolate all the way) and a great novel and just read a winter afternoon away. This room again has a bunch of patterns going on, but the red and purple tones tie everything together. I love the surrounding bookshelves. I think it's a fabulous idea. Plus then you don't even have to get out of bed when you finish the first Hunger Games book and need to immediately move on to the next one. The modern lamp is a lovely contrast to the antique feel of the room and the old framed prints. 


Last, but not least, we have this wonder of light, white, and calm. Again, layered linens! SO much white is a tad intimidating, but it looks so lovely here. The room is calm, peaceful, relaxing. Definitely a great get-away room. I feel like I'm in a spa!!

??

Do you like this kind of bohemian, eclectic feel to a bedroom? Or do you prefer a more formal design? Anyone have tips on how to layer bedding like that? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...