Thursday, April 12, 2012

Red, Of Course!

How could I not show some red rooms for this first post? These vary from a few red accents to a dominating red color scheme. I rather enjoy both. Don't worry though! I'll be mixing it up, this blog is not entirely about red rooms.



I love these red storage boxes and the chandelier. I think the room needs at least one other color though. I am afraid of all that white near pens, ink, newspapers, etc. 


I love this room! So warm and inviting. It is very traditional.


Oh my goodness. Can you say heaven?  I absolutely adore everything about this room. The red and turquoise work so well together. They truly are complementary. I love how each piece looks like an antique, and yet the overall look of this room is very modern. Mostly I adore those long, tall, red curtains and the bedspread.

This is such a happy, bright space. Invigorating. It would be great for a kids bathroom. I would love to bathe my kids in that tub! The red of the tub and the red of the wall paper work very well together. Even though the only dominant colors of this room are red and white, I don't feel like it is as stark as the office above. I'm not afraid to touch anything here. I do wish the clawfeet were painted white or gold, though.

??

This is another bathroom I love. The clawfoot tub is gorgeous, especially raised up on this platform. I can't imagine trying to vacuum under that raised platform though. What a pain that would be. The accents of red are very subtle here, yet have a lasting affect. I believe that little red cart is about $5 million though. I adore that little black and gold stool, however and the curtain that so gently and elegantly filters the light and adds privacy. This room is both rustic and finished. Its amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...